Awards And Achievements
It is a matter of pride for Pakistan that Al-Shifa Trust has been nominated by World Health Organization for the Arab Gulf Programme for United Nations Organization’s (AGFUND) International prize for pioneering Development Projects 2008 on the Prevention of Visual Impairment. Through this nomination WHO has also acknowledged that due to its strong leadership, Al-Shifa Trust has become a leading training institute in the East Mediterranean Region as well as a WHO Collaborating Center.
- APAO Awards of Prof. Wajid and Prof. Tayyab for distinguished services
- Certified by Pakistan Center for Philanthropy since 2007.
- Gold Medals by Ophthalmological Society of Pakistan in December 2007 and 2008 to President of Trust and Chief Community Ophthalmologist respectively.
- Partnership Award by WHO in March 2006
- Pride of Performance by President of Pakistan to Director of Community Program
- Pride of Performance by President of Pakistan to Chief Consultant
- Outstanding Achievement Award by Asia Pacific Academy of Ophthalmology to Chief Consultant
- WHO Collaborating Center for Prevention and Control of Blindness in East Mediterranean Region since 1993